Sunday, May 25, 2008

Swan





Recently I'm having an obsession with the 'Crown Lynn Swan'. A very important piece of kiwiana from the 1950's. My grandmother has a huge collection of Swan ornaments and I know hidden somewhere will be a Crown Lynn. Apart from this I happened to be the local Hospice shop last month and found a small one for only $2-. I felt so bad after my purchase that I had to give it away, they are reaching $50- to $100- on Trade Me. The first image from 'Kiwiana' is for sale. Below are from 'Your Home and Garden' shows how a collection of swans and Crown Lynn Vases can really off-set a beautiful arrangement and focal point for any area of the home. Also showing another home image where old can become new again. The last image is from artauction. A Rudolf Buelee screen print showing the elegance of the swan from a 1950's retro form yet through strong contradiction of colours has represented a modern perspective. Hope you enjoy, until we meet again...

No comments: